Playing Dead by Allison Brennan Review

Okay I am posting my reviews of Playing Dead by Allison Brennan. I have written 2 reviews. I never feel that my reviews are well written. I usually just write how I feel about a book and nothing more. I have tried doing it differently and I hope you enjoy reading them.

Playing Dead is a superbly written mystery, thriller, suspense and romance novel all in one. Once you pick the book up you will have trouble putting it down.
Claire O'Brien is a PI whose father (Tom O'Brien) was found guilty of murdering his wife and her lover. Tom has always claimed he is innocent. Claire was only fourteen at the time of the murders and the key witness against her father.
A young aspiring law student named, Oliver Maddox, contacts Tom in prison after reading about his case. Oliver believes Tom is innocent and is going to prove it.
Tom escapes from prison when an earthquake hits California. Oliver Maddox's body is discovered in the Sacramento River. What does this mean for Tom O'Brien's case and for Claire's relationship with her father?
You will be on the edge of your seat as you read Playing Dead!


That was one of my reviews. Now I am going to post my next review.

I finally finished the book and have to say that this book is filled with suspense, mystery and romance.
You are introduced to the characters and given the back ground information needed to know the basis of the book.
Fifteen years ago, Claire O'Brien, then 14 decides to go home from school for lunch. She walks in on her mom and her mom's lover, an assistant district attorney. Claire calls her father because she is upset about finding her mom in that situation.
Tom O'Brien decides to confront his wife and lover so that he can end this charade of a marriage. When he arrives at his house he finds his wife and her lover shot dead in bed. Claire is the one that sees her father in the room and assumes he killed her mother and the other man. She is the prime witness in her father's trial.
Claire goes through years of believing her father is guilty, and starting a new life without him. An aspiring young attorney does research and discovers things that can prove her father's innocence. Claire does not believe the guy and ignores everything he tells her, until her father, who had escaped from prison during an earthquake, leaves Claire a note telling her everything she needs to know to try and clear his name. She is torn between wanting to believe her father is innocent and a murderer.
The story is now set for a page turning, full suspense thriller that you won't be able to put down. The FBI does everything to capture the fugitive Tom O'Brien. There is one FBI agent, Mitch Bianchi, who believes Tom is innocent and befriends Claire. He wants to find Tom before the local PD does, otherwise Tom is a dead man. Mitch is falling for Claire, just as Claire starts to be able to trust someone.
Once you start reading Playing Dead you will be pulled into the suspense, thrills, mystery and romance of the 3rd book of the Prison Break trilogy. If you haven't already picked up this book to read I suggest you do.

I know I will be reading the first two books in this trilogy!!

Those are my reviews. I really enjoyed the book and am looking forward to reading the rest of her books that she has written and will be writing in the near future. If you have never read any of her books I highly recommend that you give her a chance.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's to you Rachel Robinson by Judy Blume

Review-Stonger After Stroke

Review - Paper Towns by John Green