Review-Betty Crocker's Cooky Book

I remember my mom making cookies from this book. This was her book and was published in 1963. I loved reading the recipes and seeing the marks she made next to the cookies she made.
There are recipes in here that I have never even seen before. This book is great for all levels of bakers. The beginning goes over some basic utensils, measuring and even some hints. I highly enjoyed seeing the variations to many of the recipes in the book, just by adding a different spice or adding nuts.
The best part of the book for me was the section called Betty Crocker's Best Cookies. My version has the best cooky of certain 10 year or 5 year periods starting at 1880. I enjoyed reading the blurb about the cookie and the historical highlights of events that happened during those periods.
So if you need a new cookie recipe or just want to find an old favorite then check out Betty Crocker's Cooky Book!!

5 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's to you Rachel Robinson by Judy Blume

Review-Stonger After Stroke

Review - Paper Towns by John Green