Definitely Dead By Charlaine Harris

I am slowly making my way through the Sookie Stackhouse series.  I started reading the series due to my online friends at Books and Chat talking about the series on HBO called True Blood.  I wanted to watch True Blood and realized I also wanted to read the books before hand.  I will say that the HBO series doesn't follow the books completely.  I still love both of them.


The sixth installment of the Sookie Stackhouse series.  I enjoyed the book and the stories.  Sookie again is mixed up with trouble and she tries to figure out who has made her a target again.  I did get tired of being reminded of what happened in the previous book.

There wasn't as much romance in this book as in the previous books.  There was one scene where Sookie and her newest supe interest were fully clothed and both were sexually satisfied.  I found that scene interesting because it made me think of two teenagers having sex for the first time and not being able to get undressed before having an orgasm.  Sookie's newest interest is a weretiger by the name of Quinn.

Sookie also learns why she has so many supes interested in her.  She finds out that she has very special blood and vampires are very in tuned to it.  She also learns the truth about Bill and begins to question their whole relationship.

Sookie meets a new witch named Amelia.  Sookie and Amelia become friends by the end of the book.  Amelia asks Sookie if she could join her in Bon Temps for awhile.  Now I just wonder what the seventh book has in store for Sookie and possibly Amelia.

4 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's to you Rachel Robinson by Judy Blume

Review-Stonger After Stroke

Review - Paper Towns by John Green