Review - Paper Towns by John Green

Have you ever heard of Paper Towns? I didn't know what to expect when I picked up this book by John Green. This book was recommended by an online friend from my website. I am glad I finally read it. I found the story very entertaining. The story made me think about my time in high school.

Paper Towns is the story of teenagers and just them discovering things about themselves and their friends. How would you react if you just learned that your boyfriend and best girl friend were hooking up? Your friends knew but didn't bother to tell you? Would you just snap or would you do something like Margo Roth Spiegelman does in Paper Towns.

Paper Towns follows Quentin Jacobsen and Margo Roth Spiegelman on an adventure and mystery. Q is the good kid and doesn't do anything wrong. Margo is the adventurous type. Two different personalities that were friends when the were young yet have grown apart like so many of us do over time.

I suggest taking some time and pick up Paper Towns and just enjoy the adventure.


A little tid bit I learned while reading the book is that Paper Towns were created so that cartographers could protect against copyright infringement.  So if you ever come across a place on a map and you are unable to find it then it most likely does not exist.


5 stars

Comments

DevouredShannon said…
I have had a copy of Paper Towns on my shelf for a while. Yours might be the first review I have read of it though, and it since you liked it so much it has me excited to read it. I will have to move it up on my reading list! Thanks!

Also, I did not know that about paper towns. That is really interesting! And kinda creepy right??
Nutz4reading said…
I hope you enjoy Paper Towns as much as I did. I kept putting off reading it too but it fit into a challenge on Library Thing so I decided to read it.

I found that interesting about paper towns and was thinking of getting a map out to see if I could find any. It is creepy when you think about it.

Popular posts from this blog

Here's to you Rachel Robinson by Judy Blume

Review-Stonger After Stroke