A Sad, Sad Day...

I am very upset about the news I just heard.  My favorite book store is closing all of their stores.  If you haven't heard it is Borders that is closing all of the remaining stores that are open.  When I found out about this I was very upset and now wondering if I will have to go to B&N for all my book purchases.  I don't care that much for Amazon as a book seller.  And I feel that B&N can be over priced.  Those are just my opinions.

I used to shop at B&N before I realized that there was a Borders just down the street from B&N.  I have gone to midnight parties for Harry Potter and Twilight at both B&N and Borders.  I felt more like family at Borders then I did at B&N.  I remember my sister working for Waldenbooks and just hearing her stories about the books, customers and the people she worked with.  Now I just have to get my emotions in check so that I can decide where I will be buying my books. 

I always ask for gift cards to Borders because I know I can find the books that I want and they always have the best deals on books and everything.  How is this going to change the book industry?  Does this mean that the usual physical stores are going to close and only e-books will be available?  I really enjoy going to Borders and just sitting down and picking up a book and just reading it while in the store.  This way I can decide if I want the book before buying it.  I know that you can do this at B&N but I don't find it as cozy as Borders.

How do you feel about this closing?  Are you one that just buys from online retailers or do you like going to the book store and actually smelling the books and the atmosphere?  I partly wish that I had money to purchase Borders because I really hate seeing this company go out of business.

I am providing a link to a news article I found on the internet at MSN:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43797505/ns/business-consumer_news/'%20rel='nofollow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's to you Rachel Robinson by Judy Blume

Review-Stonger After Stroke

Review - Paper Towns by John Green