The End of Summer...

Well the end of Summer is drawing nearer everyday.  I will be going back to normal work hours next week, yeah!!  Which means 8 hours days instead of 10 hour days.  It will take me forever to learn to sleep past 5 am.  I do like to be up early and stay up late.  Now hopefully I will be able to get some reading done before going to bed at night.

Now that Summer is winding down in the U.S., at least, do you have plans now that the kids will be going back to school.  Did your children do any summer reading?  Did you have to force them to read?  What did they read?

I remember when my children were young taking them to one of the local libraries and checking out books for them to read.  Sometimes they were all gung ho about it and other times they could care less.  The library also had some camps for them to do.  I signed them up one year and they enjoyed themselves.  My son did one for Science.  I can't remember what my daughter decided to do.

Now my children are older and I don't get them to go to the library as often.  The last time my son went he was looking at reference books just to read.  He loves to learn and reading factual books seems to be what he enjoys.  My daughter I haven't taken to the library lately.  She is in college and she talks about the books that she has to read and the ones she has read.  Sometimes I do get to keep some of them but not often.



Those are my thoughts for today.  I hope to post more often.  I will have a review coming soon, just not going to say for what...

Happy Reading and thanks for visiting!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's to you Rachel Robinson by Judy Blume

Review-Stonger After Stroke

Review - Paper Towns by John Green