Preparing for Hurricane Irene

I am sure everyone has heard of the hurricane/tropical storm that is scheduled to hit the eastern states today (Aug. 27, 2011) and continue into late Sunday.  I am in that path and decided to post to let everyone know that I am hoping to get a lot of reading done during this storm.

I believe I have myself prepared with new flash lights.  I couldn't find any of the ones I already own.  They just up and walked off I think.  I even put jugs of water in the freezer so that if the power goes off I at least have some cold water to drink and use for other things if needed.

The past couple of days have been very interesting.  So many people running out and buying water, food, generators and other things.  We were talking at work about how some people we saw with gallons of water, and milk.  One person had 8 loaves of bread.  I hope she has a huge family otherwise the birds are going to be well fed in her area. I am not trying to take this storm lightly.  I just figure I am not going to spend money on water when I can just as easily take all my containers and freeze water if I need it.  I bought food that will feed me and my son for the storm.

Personally I think the weather forecasters just like to embellish these storms and it just makes people panic.  Where I live we had a hurricane/tropical storm go through before and yes we go floods and some places lost power. The children were in school and they got dismissed early.  Some children took forever to get home because roads were under water and the bus couldn't make it through. I am just going to take the storm as it comes.  Hope the Good Lord is looking out for me and my family.

Now to all who are in the path of the storm stay safe.  If you are supposed to be evacuated then please evacuate.  I am praying for the safety of all who are in the path of Irene and those who have already been hit by the storm.

Some things to do during this hurricane/tropical storm is to read, play games with the children or family members, cuddle with your pets, and watch mother nature at work.  Get yourself ready for the storm of the decade... :)

Stay Safe Everyone!!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's to you Rachel Robinson by Judy Blume

Review-Stonger After Stroke

Review - Paper Towns by John Green