Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

I have decided to try and read all the Harry Potter books again since the last move was released this year.  I have read every book except for the last one many times.  My goal is to finish all 7 books by the end of the year.  I am not doing so well.  I am currently on book 4 and I haven't gotten very far.  Hopefully I will complete this challenge.

Photobucket

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is the beginning of the life of an ordinary boy until he receives some mysterious letters. His aunt and uncle are determined not to let Harry receive these letters.

The story is slow at first just so that you can be introduced to the many characters. You meet Dumbledore, Harry, Aunt Petunia, Uncle Vernon, Dudley, Hermione, Ron, Hagrid and many more. I love all the interesting descriptions of these characters this helps with being able to connect with them on a very personal level.

Harry is surprised to learn that he is a wizard and that his parents were great ones. I loved the part when Harry learns that he is a wizard. Hagrid is a huge lovable character. He is like a big teddy bear.

Harry learns a lot about his new world before he even starts at Hogwarts. Harry doesn't know anything about the Wizarding World and he is afraid of making a total fool of himself. While Harry is shopping for his supplies he meets his young nemesis Draco Malfoy. Harry is very alert as to not trusting him from the start.

I could go on and on about this book even though it isn't my favorite. It is great for being the first book in the series but not the best.

4 1/2 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's to you Rachel Robinson by Judy Blume

Review-Stonger After Stroke

Review - Paper Towns by John Green