The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton

This is my all time favorite book and movie.  The images below are one of the book cover and one of the actors that starred in the movie.

Photobucket
The movie!!

Photobucket
The Book

I read this book again just because I love it so much. Plus I really want to watch the movie. I am just not paying $3.00 to watch it. I cried as soon as I started reading the Outsiders. I think this is one book that everyone should read.

The Outsiders is the story of the Greasers and Socs. Ponyboy is the one who narrates this story. Ponyboy is 14 years old and lives with his two brothers, Darry and Sodapop. Their parents are dead and Ponyboy is always afraid that Sodapop and him will be put into a boys home if they get into trouble.

The other members of the Greasers are: Dally, Johnny, Two-bit, and Steve. The Socs are: Bob and Randy, there are 2 Soc girls named Sherry Valance (aka: Cherry) and Marcia. Johnny, Dally and Ponyboy go to the movies. Dally teases the two Soc girls Sherry and Marcia. Johnny tells Dally to stop picking on them and he leaves. Ponyboy and Johnny sit with the girls and watch the rest of the movie.

After the movie is when the problems start. Johnny, Two-bit and Ponyboy decide to walk the girls to Two-bits house so that they can drive them home. Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends drive by and almost start a fight with them telling them never to pick up their girls. Cherry and Marcia stop the fight from happening.

Johnny and Ponyboy are the two that get jumped later by the Socs and are almost killed. They run to Dally for help. This is when Johnny and Ponyboy really do start to grow up and learn things about themselves and life. I am not going to reveal to much more because I feel this is a book everyone should read.

5 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's to you Rachel Robinson by Judy Blume

Review-Stonger After Stroke

Review - Paper Towns by John Green