We Should Defend!

My review of Defending Jacob by William Landay


I have to say this is one of the best ER books I have received this year. I stayed up late last night to finish reading it and once I reached the end I just sat there thinking and saying Oh My God. The ending was one I would never have thought of.

I love to read mystery, thrillers, suspense, and romance novels all the time. And usually I can figure out the ending or even just a little bit of the ending. This one I kept going back and forth as to whether or not Jacob was guilty of murder.

Defending Jacob is a book that captures so many different dynamics of family life and how being accused of murder can tear the stability apart. Jacob is Andy and Laurie's 14 year old son. He is accused of murdering one of his classmates. Just reading this book made me think of how I would possibly react if one of my children had ever been accused of such a thing.

Andy has no doubts that his son is innocent but Laurie second guesses everything. Now is Andy so sure because of his background of being an Assistant District Attorney or is it just the love of a father and son? Even as I was reading the book I was trying to figure out if Jacob had been acquitted or found guilty. I kept flip flopping back and forth.

This is the first book I have read by William Landay. I will be looking for his other two novels and future books.

I gave the book 5 stars.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's to you Rachel Robinson by Judy Blume

Review-Stonger After Stroke

Review - Paper Towns by John Green