Living Dead in Dallas ~ Review

The second book in the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris is a very interesting read. The story starts with Sookie discovering a dead body in the police chiefs car that was left in Merlot's parking lot since he was too drunk to drive home last night. The body turns out to be the cook from Merlot's. There are new characters introduced as Sookie and Bill travel to Dallas to help out other vampires who are looking for a vampire that has been missing.

While in Dallas, Sookie meets another person who is a telepath, finds others who transform into other animals just like same. I found the story one that I couldn't put down. I enjoyed seeing Sookie learn more about her powers and to also try communicating with the other telepath when she needed help.

I have been on a kick of reading the Sookie Stackhouse books this year. I would like to read all of the books in this series that have been released but then I don't want to have to wait too long for the next one to be released. I did all that waiting with the Harry Potter books.

I also love the True Blood Series that is based on these books. Even though True Blood doesn't follow the books perfectly I still enjoy both the books and the series as two different entities.

5 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's to you Rachel Robinson by Judy Blume

Review-Stonger After Stroke

Review - Paper Towns by John Green