My Challenges!!

Those that know about LibraryThing will understand what I mean by my challenges. Here is some information about LibraryThing (LT). Library Thing is a website that I joined to catalog all my books, either that I own, or borrow. Plus it helps me with keeping track of what I have read and so that I can also remember what certain books are about. On LT there are challenges to do if you are interested. This year I have decided to do a bunch of challenges. They are:

50 Book Challenge
1010 Challenge
Alphabet Challenge
Books off the Shelf Challenge

Here is some information on the Challenges...

50 Book Challenge

My goal is to read 50 books this year. The books can be from any genre, year, writing style etc. I have also included Comic Books. I tried this last year and came up short, so I decided to try for 50 again this year. If I am able to make this challenge I may decide to try for 75 books next year. Here is a link to my 50 Book Challenge: http://www.librarything.com/topic/81167

1010 Challenge

This Challenge is different for everyone. Over the past few years the challenges have been, 999 Challenge or 888 Challenge etc.. That means that your goal is to read 9 books in 9 categories in 2009. You change the amount for each new year, if you want too. Now this 1010 Challenge is being done differently by everyone. Some are doing it as a Step Challenge; which means, 10 Categories and reading 1 book in category 1, 2 books in category 2 etc. Some are doing it with trying to read 5 books in 10 different categories. My goal is to at least read 1 book in 10 Categories. My ultimate goal is to read 5 or more books in each category. Here is a link to my 1010 Challenge: http://www.librarything.com/topic/74938

Alphabet Challenge

Now for my Alphabet Challenge there is no time limit, which means I can finish it in a few years. I started this Challenge in Oct. 2009. This Challenge can be done in different ways.
1. You can read a total of 52 books 26 by Author's Last Name & 26 by the Title of the book.
2. You can read just 26 by either of the choices above.
3. You can also place books in both sections if you want.
You have the freedom to do this Challenge anyway you want to. Here is a link to my Alphabet Challenge: http://www.librarything.com/topic/74894

Books off the Shelf Challenge

This is a challenge to read as many books that you want to this year that have been on your book shelves for too long. My goal is to read 30 books. This one can be difficult because I never know what I want to read at any given time. I will be happy if I read 30 b00kd from my shelves this year. Then maybe I can either donate them, give them away on other sites, or share them with my friends. Here is a link to my Books off the Shelf Challenge: http://www.librarything.com/topic/81591

So those are my Challenges for this year. Most of my reviews are posted in all the threads. I find it interesting as to how LT has made me more aware of the books I read and to also try new authors, genres etc. I hope you have enjoyed this post about my Challenges and maybe you will decide to check out LT for yourself!! Happy Reading All!!!~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's to you Rachel Robinson by Judy Blume

Review-Stonger After Stroke

Review - Paper Towns by John Green