The Sorcerer's Apprentice

I forgot to post about seeing this movie this past weekend. I am not one that is great with words when trying to write. So I just type what I feel or think about things. Okay now onto my thoughts of this movie.

My friend Amy wanted to go to the movies and she wanted to see this movie. Personally I want to see Inception with Leonardo DiCaprio. Since I am a very nice friend and will pretty much enjoy just about any movie (only one exception to that), I decided to go. I wasn't thrilled with seeing The Sorcerer's Apprentice and I think that is because I have watched all the Harry Potter movies, and I am a huge fan of them, I felt that this movie was just trying to cash in on that idea. I still feel that way but will say that I enjoyed the movie.

I have a retention problem when it comes to recalling movies or even books after I have viewed them or read them, so please forgive me if I mention anything that is not absolutely correct about this movie. First off I have to say that I do enjoy Nicholas Cage as an actor and have seen many of his performances. Mr. Cage did a superb job in his role as Balthazar. I am not going to try and explain all the background information for this movie, mainly because I don't remember everything that was mentioned in the film and I don't think you need to be informed of this before seeing the movie.

The main idea of The Sorcerer's Apprentice is that there is a boy who will be born and will be able to defeat the evil Morgana, who has destroyed Merlin. Morgana wants to take over the world and kill everyone. Morgana is portrayed by Alice Krige. The boy who is supposed to be able to destroy Morgana is named Dave who is played by Jay Baruchel.

I was impressed with the special effects in this movie and found myself drawn into the plot of the movie. I was also impressed with Jay Baruchel, since I don't remember seeing him in too many other movies. His character is an awkward boy and young man and he does fantastic in making those characteristics come out on the screen.

If you need a nice family night out or even just a night out for a relaxing evening I would suggest seeing The Sorcerer's Apprentice. I am quite pleased that I saw this movie and now my goal is to try and talk my friend Amy into going to see Inception.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's to you Rachel Robinson by Judy Blume

Review-Stonger After Stroke

Review - Paper Towns by John Green